I stumbled across Sophie‘s blogs and was instantly inspired! She writes about self-love and positivity. Both of which, are very relevant and important in our struggle with mental health and mental health awareness. And I’d love to be tagged!
The rules for the tag are going to be pretty simple:
- Tag me in the post because I wanna be able to read and see every individual who has taken part in the tag!
- Also, tag the person (Sophie) whose tagged you in it.
- Be honest when answering the questions and don’t judge others answers.
- Nominate as many people as you want because it helps spread the positivity I am aiming to get across.
So for the questions, I’m going to make five but feel free to add any more to the list if you think there is any ones on the top of your head that match the topic of this tag.
1. What’s your favourite thing about yourself? (That can be physically or mentally)
2. When do you feel your most confident?
3. What advice would you give to someone who wasn’t having a good day?
4. What’s your favourite self care method to undergo when you’re feeling down/stressed?
5. What does self love mean to you?
Here are my answers:
- To endure. I have had many hardships in my life and I manage to come out on top due to my strong will. I have risen above a chaotic childhood, lived through a medical experience that gave me 10% of living, addictions, depression/anxiety, verbal/mental abuse, and codependency. Although I still struggle each day, I do the best that I can.
- I feel most confident right after a counseling session with my therapist. I walk out of her office feeling aligned and positive that I can conquer one more week. It isn’t her that makes me feel confident, it is the self-discovery journey that I embrace and make progress on each time I see her.
- Have faith. Even in the pits of despair. You are loved and you deserve love. You are love for just being YOU.
- Trick one for me is noticing that I’m down. This came with lots of psychotherapy counseling sessions. Once I realize I am down or being harsh to myself, I repeat my Mantra.
- I believe that self-love can mean anything you want it to mean. There is no wrong answer. To me, I believe it is being mindful of my sensations, emotions, feelings, and beliefs. When I accept anything/everything, I am loving my Self.
Your turn 🙂 I nominate you:
- A Fractured Faith
- A Spoonful of Evie
- A Poet’s Paradise
- Discovering Your Happiness
- The Silent Wave
- Beauty Beyond Bones
- Warrior, Not Worrier
- Defining Yellow
- Healing Power of Words
- Better Body
- And obviously, anyone who sees this and would be interested in doing it – you’re tagged!
With Love, Hope ❤